Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Returning to IL/Cobblestone

Well we have had quite a March. Lot's of company, Mark and Maureen, Sarah, Alyssa, Kate and Tom's sister Sheryl. That has kept me busy, so not much sewing or blogging. But I'm back. Alyssa sent me a text yesterday that the Workshop was asking if I was working on a puzzle and YES I just finished one yesterday that Sarah started with me and then left with most undone. I worked hard to finish so I could put it away before we leave.
DONE! It really was beautiful.
I am now working on machine quilting the hand appliqued piece and will add a picture to the blog later, maybe tomorrow, when finished. I will have to apply the binding when I get home to IL as I have sent the binding home along with 7 BOXES of STUFF already. (I've done a little on line quilt shopping, among other things).

On Monday, April 14th we will be working on our Cobblestone Quilts. Let's start at 9:30 AM. You will need to bring your cutting supplies ( I do have some boards) and your sewing machines. (Barb you can use one of mine). We will be subcutting our strip sets (all sewn and pressed!!!-YES????) and sewing our "circles" and then starting to sew together the quilt top. Here are some pictures of my work on the quilt. Anyone who wants to go ahead and subcut your strip sets should do so.


 This is my first strip set, folded in half lengthwise and then cut into 2 1/4" strips. You should get about 17 strips.



Then if you are really ambitious you could sew these strips together like this:
Sew one strip from strip set 1 to one strip from strip set 2, color 7 to color 8, then sew(using the same strips) color 15 to color 1 to make a ring(circle)--like this--
You should be able to make about 34-36 of these. LEAVE THEM IN RINGS-DO NOT CUT APART.
On Monday, April 14 we will be making some of these, like maybe 4, then I am going to show you how to start sewing them together for your quilt tops.

 It's so much FUN!!!!



2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your return to IL!! You make the Cobblestone look pretty easy - we'll see!!

    ReplyDelete