Monday, May 28, 2012

Farmer's Wife Quilt Red White and Blue








Hi all, once again I am sorry for not being a more constant blogger but I have been so busy. In the next few posts I will try to catch up on all that has been happening and post lots of pictures of the quilts and blocks I have been working on. The biggest accomplishment in the quilting department is that I have finished ALL the Farmer's Wife blocks, all the blocks I am going to do from the Blocks from the Past book etc. Here are the totals. I have done 110 blocks from The Farmer's Wife book, plus 9 more (done in a second colorway), 20 (+ 1 repeat) pieced from Blocks from the Past, 24 (+1 repeat) appliqued from BFTP and 4 extra basket blocks.  For  a total of 167 blocks.  Each of the blocks are 6" finished. They are going to be put into 4 different quilts as they are done in 4 different colorways. I have finished a Red, White and Blue 61 blocks quilt and it is at Marge West's Creations by Marge studio along with the small Fig Tree Basket Sampler. Then I am going to put together, this week, a 72 block quilt top done in Moda Garance fabrics which is mostly reds, browns, tans and greens. When that one is done and off the Marge's I am going to work on the last one for Sarah- done in mostly the blues and greens from Moda's Fandango line. Here are some pictures of the red, white and blue quilt top.

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful Christine. Looking forward to seeing the others.

    ReplyDelete