Saturday, February 22, 2014

Cobblestone/Graceful Quilter's Challenge

The Graceful Quilter's will be working on Cobblestone Quilts this April/May. This is a wonderful quilt pattern designed by Lynn Rice and Debra Meyer from the Touch of Amish Quilt Shop in Barrington IL. ( A past Top 10 Quilt Shop in It is a beautiful quilt that looks harder than it is and has a wonderful, fun, easy "trick" in the making. The group will have fun, I'm sure. We will also enjoy some Jimmy John's sandwiches. YUM!! These are pics of one I made for myself, but the colors are off in the pics. It is beautiful roses tans and greens.

Here is a picture of the one I made (pictures are the quilt in progress) for the Sisterhood Raffle. The proceeds go to defray cost for women who are recovering from breast cancer and are then able to attend a retreat. It was done in Christmas Fabrics.


So now I am starting one from my stash and will donate it to the Lutherdale Quilt Auction in Elkhorn WI. Here are the fabrics I am going to use. Maybe start the strips sets today.

So anyone from the Graceful Quilters, who wants me to Machine Quilt(meander) their Cobblestone Quilt for $50 ( I'm trying to justify & defray cost of my new JUKI machine)--- I would love to do it--- IF you leave a comment on this blog post. First Graceful Quilter to comment on this blog post will get their Cobblestone Quilt done for FREE. Now there is a challenge!! C

1 comment:

  1. I would love for you to machine quilt my cobblestone quilt!

    ReplyDelete