Friday, September 3, 2010

I spent all of yesterday helping to hang quilts at our Quilter's Guild Region quilt show at Hever Castle, Kent. It is held in a marquee in the beautiful grounds of the castle. You would be bowled over by its beauty. The castle was the home of Anne Boleyn before she married Henry VIII and still looks very impressive, surrounded by a moat. I am on duty at the show now for the whole weekend, so we hope to get a good turnout. There are some lovely quilts there, so people should enjoy it and the walk around the grounds will please their "other halves" I should think.

Good luck with the packing Christine - you are a glutton for punishment moving from house to house I think!! I have been painting my sewing room and all the "stuff" (so much fabric, patterns, notions and goodness knows what) that was in it, is scattered about the upstairs of our house and it looks terrible up there. I can't wait to sort it out but can't even think of it until after this weekend. Oh well, it will still be there next week!
D

1 comment:

  1. Hi, the show sounds great. Hope you can get some pictures. Is this a castle we will see when we visit? See you SOON!! c

    ReplyDelete