Saturday, January 7, 2012

We arrived in AZ on Tuesday afternoon after a very uneventful 3 day car trip from Libertyville. I worked on my Farmer's Wife blocks and finished the blocks from the Dec. pack. TADA!-see the picture. The meeting was yesterday and it is so much fun to see everyone's blocks and how different they turn out in the different fabrics. It is so good to have a place to meet with other quilters here in AZ.

I am also working on a Peek-a-Boo, redwork baby quilt, (no news yet in that department), a king size gift quilt, Passing Fancy (scrap, pieced and applique),
my Christmas wool applique (now for Christmas 2012), Lutheran World Relief quilts (always ongoing), Blocks from the Past/Farmer's Wife in browns and reds (applique and pieced blocks), hand quilting my Basket quilt and also trying to make a bag thingy for a friends mom's walker. I will post pictures as these projects start to look like something.

 I have more time to work on all this since my social life in AZ is practically nonexistent. However the weather has been beautiful so I try to do something outside everyday. Which means reading or handwork and also Sunday golfing with Tom.

4 comments:

  1. Just stop by the shoppe for companionship anytime! So good to see you on Friday and your FW blocks were patriotic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, glad you got there okay. We are in Fl now. Both Gary and I got colds after Christmas so didn't do too much. Sounds like you have plenty to do. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're amazing!! I wish I had your talent and energy. So glad to hear that you all arrived safe and sound in AZ. As for me, wedding planning continues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew Just got around to reading the blog Makes me tired to read it but also inspired. Such beautiful quilts etc We were only here and getting settled when we flew back to St Louis for the funeral of our 7 year old great niece. Not completely surprised as she had been very sick but nevertheless very sad. Returned by myself and Jim went on to Michigan Still trying to get the lay of the land but enjoying the sun and walking on the beach.

    ReplyDelete