Monday, June 21, 2010

Quilt Show(s)

Hi

I had a great day yesterday at one of our regional quilt shows here in the south of England. I went on a coach with about 35 others and we "shopped 'til we dropped" as there are so many trade stands at these shows. Some of the quilts were really good and some just ordinary but all worth seeing. Our biggest show in the UK is in Birmingham at the end of August and I am going to that with a couple of friends of mine. It's a little way from here so we stay a couple of nights in an hotel. Makes for a nice girly break.

By the way I have enrolled for an on line course for portrait "quilting". It was recommended to me by a quilt teacher here who has made the most amazing pictures. The course starts on 25 June. It's a brilliant site just to see all the courses available at the Quilt University!!!! Here's the link if you are interested http://quiltuniversity.com/classlist2.htm#Pictorial.

On Wednesday I am going to London to the V&A (Victoria and Albert) museum to see the 1700 -2010 Quilt Exhibition there, Never a dull moment here!!!!!http://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/future_exhibs/Quilts/index.html Here's the link to that.

Talk to you all again after I have been there.
Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment