Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Spider Web


I started on the Stars, Strips and Spider Web quilt yesterday. Good thing my new English friend, Dorothy, had filled me in on the calico=muslin and wadding=batting as the pattern in the Quilt Makers book is from the UK. You would think we spoke the same language, but sometimes that is not the case.!! We had such a good time with you, Dorothy, thanks for looking us up. The book says it is like taking Workshops from the best quiltmakers, but it is really not the same when you cannot ask questions as you go, as usual, I am plugging on, in my own way, a little hit or miss. After the first block which is sewn in 4 triangles, on a triangle muslin foundation, I decided to spray starch the foundation triangles first for more stability. Today is starching and marking the first sewing lines and then maybe adding the green strips which will be consistent throughout the quilt. It is fun, but this isn't the fun part. Looks like it will be a rainy day so maybe I will get this part out of the way. I am deep into the English countryside, as last night I started the book Major Pettigrew's Last Stand and he is a great character who lives at "Rose Cottage, Blackberry Lane, Edgecombe St. Mary". Makes for very thematic quilting with the "calico and wadding".

1 comment:

  1. You are busy quilting, Christine. The star looks
    pretty. I probably will not get anything done for
    a while, since I will be leaving for AZ tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete