Friday, June 25, 2010

Sarah's Poppies


Today, I am working on Sarah's Poppies, which is a smaller version of the one I did for Alyssa, plus I am attempting to add a word-- Grow-- is not on permanently yet and no binding or quilting. I am liking this fusible applique method better, it really is fun to do and maybe we should try something next fall. I am also going to try to do my two Lutheran World Relief quilts for June-- "June #1 and June #2", this week while Tom is gone. So pinning one top today and maybe laying out the other. Will bring up a card table to start tying it tonight while I watch something on TV. I will post more about LWR quilts later.

4 comments:

  1. I really like that - not sure about the word though although I haven't any suggestions - maybe a longer word like nurture or cultivate!!! Is there any significance to "grow"?
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. No significance to "grow" but I think anything longer than 4 or 5 letters will overpower the whole, I am trying to get Sarah to choose, but this is not a high priority!! It will go in her work space which she says is very bare. I thought maybe "peace" but she doesn't seem to be keen on either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah is coming to visit on Thurs. for the weekend and I will put it away until then. Tom is stuck in Chic. his flight to AZ was cancelled so he is on his way back to L'Ville and will try again tomorrow. He will then extend his stay one or two days. More sewing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out really cute! She'll love it!

    ReplyDelete