Friday, August 6, 2010

Dorothy's Dad





Dorothy wrote via email--
I enrolled on an on-line "Quilt University" course (USA) on Fabric Portraits and I have been working on one of my Dad. It became very addictive and I have not been able to stop messing about with it. I got the go-ahead a couple of days ago from the tutor to press all my bits and start thread painting!!! (the course involved taking photos as you go along and then posting them on a gallery and going on to the Discussion Forum for questions and answers). All good technological stuff!!!!!!! I have loved it. Difficult to get a true likeness but the tutor was most complimentary yesterday which boosted my confidence enormously. I have to say that when I first started I was increasingly despondent.
I strongly recommend the quilt Universitywww.quiltuniversity.com There are so many quilt related courses and mine only cost $45 excellent value.
D and (C)

No comments:

Post a Comment