Monday, August 23, 2010

Festival of Quilts, Birmingham, England

I have just returned from two days at the biggest quilt show in the UK. I exhibited one of my big bed quilts for the first time - didn't expect a mention and didn't get one!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a huge exhibition with visitors from all over the world. It is interesting to stand back and watch people looking closely at my work and commenting - a strange new experience for me. Before this I have only shown my quilts at small local quilt shows. The Best in Show was won by a Japanese girl for her miniature quilt which was a mariner's compass - lots of tiny perfect points. Incredible work and so tiny too. As we walked around the show there were so many foreign voices to listen to - lots of people come from all over Europe and further afield. I went to a lecture given by Amy Butler - what a talent she is and so young too. A great show and now it's back home and trying to improve my techniques.

Not long now until Christine comes to visit - I am SOOOO looking forward to that.
Dorothy

2 comments:

  1. Dorothy, I am so sorry that you did not win a prize for your entry in the quilt show, but I am
    sure that your work was just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have to a professional to win at these big shows!!
    D

    ReplyDelete