Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Animals Update

We took Zelda and Chili to the vets yesterday. Their vet is Dr. Laura Hardy at Greentree Animal Hospital. I think she is wonderful. Basically we are in a holding pattern with both animals. It is a struggle as she is very confused and doesn't really know her way around the house. And as she drinks tons of water all day, I have been keeping her on a leash most of the time in the house. She is pretty comfortable in the front yard so most of the time except for the middle of the night 2AM or 3AM she is off leash in the front yard. She still really enjoys her walks.
Chili was very dehydrated so she was given fluids,blood word and an antibiotic shot. She has started to eat a little bit and she will be reassessed when the results of the blood work are back via phone with Dr. Hardy. She is confined to the utility room as she is having a lot of trouble walking. Dr. H. thinks a lot of her arthritic pain could be from the dehydration and if she gets better there is a liquid med. for pain she could take.
I will post again any news. I think I will have to cancel Monday Quilting next week, I was going to start then, but the whole house is too much in confusion, not just Zelda but me too.

2 comments:

  1. Oh so sorry Keep us posted will be thinking of you and know how hard this is for you Marjie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of you and Zelda and Chili. I know
    how awful it is when a pet gets ill. Don't worry
    about quilting right now. We will miss you, but we can wait a week or two. Take care of Zelda and Chili.

    ReplyDelete