Saturday, September 24, 2011

LWR and Quest for Quilts

Hi, today we are having our Quest for Quilts day at Grace Lutheran Church. We cut, sew, tie and bind quilts for LWR. Hopefully we will get a lot accomplished. I will post pictures of the group and the quilts displayed in church later. We have worked all year on quilts, layette kits, fabric kits and school bags and they will all be displayed tomorrow and then sent off to Lutheran World Relief.
   The picture below is of the 22 quilts (2 short of my goal of 24)  and 6 layettes I personally made (with the help of Alyssa and Sarah with the layettes). I am pretty proud of myself and know I am shining my own star. Since I know--from experience that there is always a downside to bragging, I am hoping mine came yesterday when I backed the side view mirror of my car into the garage door--SUPER UGH, and not that I still have something coming to me!! More later C

1 comment: