Thursday, September 1, 2011

Favorite Quilts


This is one of my favorite quilts-Row Houses. If you want to see a close up just click on a picture. It was supposed to be 4 rows of house but would have been to big to hang anywhere so I divided into 2 and luckily had enough fabric (really had lots of extra fabric-will post the quilt made with the extra fabric later) to add the extra border etc. Alyssa has the other one in her townhouse. Fabrics are beautiful hand dyed from Cherrywood Fabric. When I have nothing much to blog about I will post pictures of my "favorite quilts"- Also here is a good recipe for beans
Beans with Beef Bake
½ lb. gr. round
1 c. finely chopped onion
1 (15 ¼ oz.) can lima beans, drained
1 (15 oz. ) can pork and beans, undrained
1 (15 oz. ) can light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
½ c. ketchup
½ c. barbecue sauce
¼ c. packed brown sugar
1 t. dry mustard
3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
Cook beef and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until the beef is browned, stirring to crumble beef. Place beef mixture and remaining ingredients in a 3 1/2 –quart electric slow cooker; stir well. Cover with lid, cook in high-heat setting 1 hour. Reduce to low setting and cook 3 to 4 hours. 6 servings

1 comment:

  1. I like my row houses also, but yours look much
    better.

    ReplyDelete