Sunday, December 18, 2011

Dorothy and Chris (from England) came to visit Dorothy's son David and his family (they live in Libertyville) in Oct. Patty and I were fortunate to have Dorothy for a whole day and the three of us took a day trip to Wisconsin to visit 2 of my favorite quilt shops. The first was Mill House Quilts in Wanakee, WI and Dorothy admired the Tree Wallhanging Kit which was made up in the store. So I bought it and made it for Alyssa and Megan. Then finding the runner kit of the trees and star I bought that one too, for Sarah. I had fun making them, they were both rather challenging. Thanks once again, D, for inspiration. Then Patty, Dorothy and I also each bought a wool applique table thing of Santas and trees. How are you doing on yours?  I have mine cut and it remains to be seen if it will be done this year or next!!   



 Here are the pictures of the runner and wallhanging. I am working on trying to put them in better places on the post.
We went on from Wanakee, to JJ Stitches in Sun Prarie, WI and Dorothy and I both bought rather large kits of two beautiful quilts, different ones. This shop has kits and samples of mostly antique quilts made with reproduction fabrics. It is just a wonderful shop. I am taking mine, which is a tree quilt to AZ and will work on it this winter. We also stopped near Janesville, WI at Life's a Stitch shop, very nice in an old farmhouse. I found a custom machine quilter whose sample was beautiful, Marge West. After communicating with her, I sent her my Carrie Hall Sampler and she is going to work on it in the new year. She was very sweet and said she loved the quilt and was excited to quilt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment