Saturday, December 17, 2011


 Hi, these are the five quilts that I had finished the tops  last May but had not done the machine quilting. This was a daunting task and I already had a number of other projects I wanted to work on.

 My first thought was to unpin the three I had already pinned and send all 5 of them to Joni Baumli. Joni is a wonderful long arm quilter, dedicated to all over designs (no custom quilting). After much deliberation I decided to send one to Joni and do the rest myself.

Now this is where it gets more complicated. How to quilt them? All over meandering --my default method or more elaborate designs. Well 2 were meandered and one has many different quilting designs (my best yet, if once again I can shine my own star) and one still needs to be quilted.

1. The top one - is called Fiesta, I was a kit, I love it and want to do something special and this will have to be done in the spring.
2. A Bright Log Cabin- it is from my scraps from bright projects and probably the 10th or 15th log cabin I have done from scraps. I think I am done with them, at least for a while. This one is going to Caroline.


  3. My (UGH) Spider Web Quilt. If you've read my blog you know this was not my favorite quilt. This one was meandered all over and will go to Alyssa and Megan eventually.
 
 4. This is a Nuts and Bolts quilt. I just love the fabrics. And because Dorothy Thompson, my English friend, made the same quilt and she is a wonderful machine quilter and will rarely do the "boring" meandering I was inspired (by D) to put some work into this one and it turned out really nice. Thanks D. If you click or double click on the pictures maybe you can see a close up of some of the quilting.

5. A Cracked Pot quilt. This is the second Cracked Pot quilt I did. It is just such a great pattern. I sent this one to Joni and she did a great job. This one is going to AZ with us. Should look wonderful anywhere in the house.

1 comment:

  1. Your Cracked Pot quilt looks great. I like mine
    too. I am finally putting the binding on.

    ReplyDelete